Pray for Samuel (as he lives out his Eurocentric-outdated-inane existence).

The purpose of this blog is to build up an army of prayer warriors who will lift me up as I minister in Taiwan. I am planning on posting requests once weekly. I'm asking y'all to please take time in your devotions to bring these requests before the Father and ask Him to work His will in each situation.

Friday, January 14, 2005

Hi there! I've got 26 minutes of Friday left, so this post still counts as not being late! I never said what time I would post: just that it would be weekly! Ha-ha!

First off, a couple answered prayers. Numba 1 is

I GOT MY VISA!!!

Yup! Came in the mail today. Very big thank God for that! Numba two is: I asked for prayer about two weeks ago that my toe would heal up in time for the black belt testing...it did. In fact I started to get what we think was a slight bone infection, but my body seems to have fought it off.

I also have a praise. Last night God really touched me, through his saints. We went and worked out at the Eastwood Dojo. I don't know many of the people there, but I asked them to pray for me while I'm in Taiwan. They all stopped what they were doing, laid hands on me and prayed over me. It was so neat. After that a lady I don't even know asked for this blog address, so she could pray for me. Isn't it cool that we have brothers and sisters in Christ who will love and pray for you, even when they don't know you? "By this shall men know you are my followers, by your love one for another". (Samuel paraphrased version). To anybody from Eastwood reading this: You guys are awesome!

Alright, now for this weeks requests:

---Pray that God will help with all the technical details of packing for six months and international travel. I'm going to be calling the airport tomorrow to ask a bunch of questions about luggage: pray that I get the answers I need.

---Pray for me in the battle against besetting sins. Esp. short temper and lust.

---Keep praying that God will prepare the way before me. Pray that he will even now be working in the hearts of the people I will be in contact with.

---I'm getting a little nervous about teaching English in a classroom setting. I've done a fair amount of unnoffical, one-on-one English teaching and I've worked a fair amount with people who don't speak English very well, but I've never taught it in a class room. Pray that God would give me peace and guide my lesson planning and preparation.

---This might seem like a kinda silly or "unspiritual" request, but God really does care about every little detail of our lifes. Pray that I can fit everything I need into my suitcases! :)