Pray for Samuel (as he lives out his Eurocentric-outdated-inane existence).

The purpose of this blog is to build up an army of prayer warriors who will lift me up as I minister in Taiwan. I am planning on posting requests once weekly. I'm asking y'all to please take time in your devotions to bring these requests before the Father and ask Him to work His will in each situation.

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Hi there! yes, I know this update is a little late: so sorry!

Wow, some awesome things are going on. God has really been showing me how faithful he is. Isn't it strange how you can know something (like, "God is faithful") and yet still be supprised to see evidence of it? I've always known that God is faithful, but here it seems that every time I turn around, I see more evidence of it looking me in the face and it's always so cool to see.

I'm sorry the last couple updates haven't been very informative. I was kinda rushed and didn't take the time I really should have.

Ok, here's updates on a couple previous prayer request.

---The talk with Sherry went very well. I think I was able to plant some ideas in her head that might blossem later. I asked her what religion she followed and she said "My family is Buddist." I replied, "No, not your family. You. What religion are you?" She was very taken aback by that question: it seemed she had never that about it that way. At any rate, I was able to explain how, while she may be a good person, God is totally perfect and he cannot be with even a little bit of sin. She seemed to understand. We talked a little bit about forgivness, and then her phone rang. The cool thing that I've got a real peace about that. I had y'all and several people there at camp praying over our conversation and I just knew that it was not Satan interfering. Keep praying for Sherry.

---Everybody is well now! God answers prayer!

---God gave me lots of creativity. My second camp was totally awesome and we did all sorts of cool stuff with them. Got to work on some really cool vocab. words.

---I did make it here without any problems!

---It turns out I only had one day to figure out what I was doing after arriving...but God gave me energry and ideas anyway. Which is cool.

Ok, here's this weeks request.

---Language, language, and language. I didn't really realize what I was getting into coming over here not knowing a single word of Chinese. I'm learning some, and I've got lots of people who can translate, but I really, really want to get a handle on the language while I'm surrounded by it.

---BonnieJean and I will be teaching Sunday school tomorrow morning. Pray for ideas and God's direction.

---We start school on Monday...kinda. I won't actually meet my classes until next week.

By the way, I love comments! Leave your remarks!

Josiah, dude, you rock! Thanks so much for your prayers! Hey, email me sometime! Let me know what your up to!