Pray for Samuel (as he lives out his Eurocentric-outdated-inane existence).

The purpose of this blog is to build up an army of prayer warriors who will lift me up as I minister in Taiwan. I am planning on posting requests once weekly. I'm asking y'all to please take time in your devotions to bring these requests before the Father and ask Him to work His will in each situation.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Ha ha! Gottcha! You weren't expecting an update actually on time! Ha!

This one will probably be short though. I've got to go run and then get to bed, because I'm supposed to be in Small Kinmen tomorrow by 9:45 tomorrow, which means taking the 9 o'clock boat. And before that I have to get pizza. We're having a picnic! What fun!

---So we'll make that the first request. It's a picnic for my Wednesday night class. Just keep them in your prayers. All of them are already pretty good friends of mine and I'm really wanting to share more with them about Christ. Meagan talked to them some about it last class and I plan on following up on what she said next week.

---Pray for the dorm kids. There is a real...I don't know...spirit of hostility tonight. They are watching possibly the most disgusting movie I've ever heard of...let's just say it involves cannabilism and abortion. Whenever they watch that kind of stuff it seems to really give place to the devil.

---Pray for Jerry. He's angry at God and extremely homesick. I talked to him for a while the other night. I didn't really know what to say though...pray that God will give me the words to say (or the sense to shut up).

---Pray for our new brother Douglas as he grows in the Lord! The Bible says that by their fruit you shall know them. Well, we are certainly seeing fruit, and I know that the devil is noticing it too.

---A certain team mate is getting on my nerves. Pray that I can resolve certain issues with him/her.

Thanks so much for your prayers! Love you guys!

PS OH! Almost forgot (again!) Pray for Joy's (our pastor's wife) mother. She has terminal cancer and isn't saved. Pray that God would give Joy the words to speak and work in her mothers heart. Also pray that Joy's sisters are not able to stop her from sharing.