Pray for Samuel (as he lives out his Eurocentric-outdated-inane existence).

The purpose of this blog is to build up an army of prayer warriors who will lift me up as I minister in Taiwan. I am planning on posting requests once weekly. I'm asking y'all to please take time in your devotions to bring these requests before the Father and ask Him to work His will in each situation.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Hey guys! Can you believe it? An update that isn't horribly late! Only by about a day and a half! Cool!

Thank you guys so much for praying for working with Kiwi! I talked to him some on Tuesday about the problems with class room control and he basically said there is nothing to be done about it and just forget trying to have class room control or really teaching the kids anything. So I wasn't that hopeful going to school on Thursday. But amazingly, 4 of the five classes I taught with him that day were almost under control. Still some progress could be made, but it was certianly a huge improvement over the way things had been. Praise God!

---It seems our team has been getting an amazing number of chances to share in the past few weeks. Between improving Chinese and developing friendships and a reputation over a year and a half, it seems people are more open with us about their questions about Christianity. Pray that God will give us the words to speak, because we know that God's word "will not return void, but will accomplish that which he wills" (paraphrased...I'm too lazy to look it up!)

---我的姊姊不在! 我的朋友也不在! I miss BJ! I miss Shawn! (that's not quite a prayer request...more of a statement of fact I guess. And it's also a chance to show off the fact that I can write those things in Chinese!)

---Wow, my English conversation class on Wednesday went totally awesome. 8 of the 12 invited came...7 from Small Kinmen. So pray for Stella, Linda, Jessica, Vincent, Summer, Elly, Gloomy and Ivy.

---Pray for the monday night class. It's going pretty good, but I think I need to change my approach a little bit. I've been trying to get people to indiviually talk, but they are so nervous about talking. Pray that God will give me some new ideas for the class.

---Just browsing through some old post, I see that I asked you guys to pray for safe travel from the States to Kinmen. Thanks for your prayers! Our team was the only one that didn't have somebody not make the flight from Seatle to Taiwan. None of our luggage was lost. And on top of that, our lugagge was the first off the plane in Kinmen...how cool is that? It was a very good trip (or at least as a trip of 34 hours can be...)

Dude, I love my team. The other night Ginger, Rebekah, Lucas and me stayed up in the common room for about two hours after the kids had gone to bed just talking. What a hoot!

Somebody asked what religion Douglas was before getting saved...I'm exactly certain, but I'm pretty sure that he did not hold any particular religious beliefs. As a matter of fact, most of those in his generation are much the same. The ancestor worship and serious devotion to religion is seen more in the older generations. I hardly ever see anybody under the age of 30 burning the paper money or at the temples.

BTW, for those of you waiting for an update on the jjf blogger...I honestly, truly, 實在, really do intend to update it soon! Please be patient! I'm just not going to do it now, because it's 3 in the morning and I need to get to bed.