Pray for Samuel (as he lives out his Eurocentric-outdated-inane existence).

The purpose of this blog is to build up an army of prayer warriors who will lift me up as I minister in Taiwan. I am planning on posting requests once weekly. I'm asking y'all to please take time in your devotions to bring these requests before the Father and ask Him to work His will in each situation.

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Hey there. Lots of cool things are happening.

---Gingers parents are here in Kinmen, and will be leaving on Monday evening. Pray they will enjoy the rest of their time here and have a safe trip home.

---Really cool news! I had a LONG conversation with James a few nights ago. I was feeling kinda sick and needed to do lesson planning, yet I felt like it was really important to stay and visit with him. God worked it out where I was able to explain the entire plan of salvation and talk to him about alot of his thoughts on spiritual things. Guys, I know I've asked this several times before, but I'm going to ask again. Really, really lift James up. He knows everything he needs to know: pray that he will feel God tugging on his heart.

---Last night BJ, Shawn and I stayed up until 2 o'clock talking about the spiritual condition of this place. It was very interesting: BJ has such a better feel for it, having been here a year (and me only six weeks!) Apparently the Jr. High campus here is famous for being haunted, in particular the gym right next to us (the whole island is supposed to be haunted, because of all the people that died during the Chinese bombing, but apparently this place is extra haunted). Anyway, it seems there actually is a spirit (or spirit's) who has taken up residence around here. At any rate, it's a little scary to think of the kids around here without the power of Jesus to protect them, so we spent some time praying for them.

---This past week I've come a lot closer to God. But I've also come under a lot more attack. Pray that I will be strong to overcome, through the blood of the Lamb.

---I'm feeling awesome right now. I just feel like standing on Mt. Ti-you (sp?) and yelling "GOD IS AWESOME!!" So why not just take a few minutes to praise him for who he is?

---If we can get about 6 or 7 more people to sign up to come serve next school year, then we get to keep Jr. High! WOW! Please, please pray we get those people!

I love all of you guys so much! Hey, every time any of you sees Josiah, ask him if he has emailed me yet. If he says no, hit him. HARD! Ok?