Pray for Samuel (as he lives out his Eurocentric-outdated-inane existence).

The purpose of this blog is to build up an army of prayer warriors who will lift me up as I minister in Taiwan. I am planning on posting requests once weekly. I'm asking y'all to please take time in your devotions to bring these requests before the Father and ask Him to work His will in each situation.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Hey there. Long time no post.

God is so aweseme. The last two weeks I've kinda forced to lean on his strength rather than my own. It's so cool to see how God will hold us up when we ask him for strength. It also gives you such amazing freedom...when you are doing something in God's strength, then you can also be pretty sure you are in God's will...he wouldn't give you strength for something he doesn't want you to do.

Next week is the last of the semester. It's amazing how fast it's gone by. Winter camps are starting the 22nd. We'll be doing a week here in Kinmen, then we have a week break and then we'll be headed out to Taiwan for one more week of camps.

---Pray for all the stuff I'm doing get try and get ready for college. I called the college last night and talked to the admission office. Things are looking pretty good. Also pray that things work out with KingCar allowing me to actually get back to the States in time to start college.

---Keep praying for Riddick. We've recently been worried about what seems to be some demonic influences in his life. We've prayed over him a lot and things do seem to be much better. One good sign is that he's not so depressed anymore and actually shows some interest in trying to find a better solution to life.

---Pray for Johnson, another dorm kid. A few weeks ago he went to visit his mother in Xiamin. He left home to come back to the dorm and but instead he spent a couple days hanging out with his friends in Xiamin. He didn't tell anybody what he was doing and his mother and us here at the dorm were worried sick over him. After a few days he did come back to the dorm. Just keep him and his whole family situation in your prayers.

---Next school year Megan, Drew, Lucas and Rebekah will be coming back to work with KingCar for another year. Me and Ginger won't be. Pray for Ginger as she is going through all the paper work to go to college here in Taiwan.

---Pray for James, our former translator. He's taking a big English test this week. He might also have found a job in central Taiwan.

Ok, this post has kinda been an entire day in the writing. I started it at about 8 o'clock this morning and it's now 3:15.

This morning my bus driver didn't come. So I had Terry call the school, but he had some trouble getting ahold of them. So I went back to my room thinking that because it so near the end of the semester, they were having test and forgot to tell me that I didn't need to go to school. I started to write this post. I wrote about how God's strength is enough when we don't have the strength to do it.

And then my bus driver came. I had totally relaxed and gotten used to the idea of taking a nap this morning: instead I had to go teach. The English teacher at this school doesn't really speak English (today she told me "See you tomorrow year"), so I am never able to actually lesson plan with her. And I simply didn't feel like I had the energy to go to school and try and figure out what to teach and how to do it all without translation.

So I'm sitting in the bus wondering what on earth I'm going to do and I just felt God say to me "Well, looks like you get to practice what you just wrote about." It seemed almost like he was sitting back in his chair and just grinning at the prospect of getting me through the school day when I knew I couldn't do it.

I looked down on the floor and (mentally) mumbled something about "ok, that's sure what it looks like." It's so much easier to write about something that God taught you yesterday: it's a lot harder to actually say "Yea, I don't know what I'm doing today and I have no energy and if God doesn't do this for me then class is going to be a total failure today." It leaves you feeling so helpless. Really, we're in better hands when we trust God to do it for us, but still that act of looking to him with no back-up plan leaves you feeling very vulnerible.

And God came through. Class went awesome. And then just as a final "I love you", God cancled Chinese class and gave me the afternoon off.

Dude, our God rocks.