Pray for Samuel (as he lives out his Eurocentric-outdated-inane existence).

The purpose of this blog is to build up an army of prayer warriors who will lift me up as I minister in Taiwan. I am planning on posting requests once weekly. I'm asking y'all to please take time in your devotions to bring these requests before the Father and ask Him to work His will in each situation.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Major request

I really, really need y'all to pray for this! If we can have five or six more people sign up for next school year, we will get to keep Jr. High here on Kinmen. I know it may not seem like that big a deal, but I really, really feel like I should be in Jr. High. So please, please pray that God will supply the teachers!

Also, consider coming yourself. I talked to Ben (our leader here in Taiwan) and he said he it is open to ex-ATI'ers and even non-ATI'ers could apply and he would consider them. The ministry opportunities over here are really awesome. The cost is very minimal: KingCar will pay for your plane tickets. The schools will house you and feed you when you are teaching. They will also pay you a small amount per class (for me it's about US$9 per class). It's a great chance to experiance another culture first hand: you get to actually know the culture, rather than spending ten days looking at sights or something like that (like on a typical "cultural experiance" thing). And if we get enough people to sign up, then there's a chance you could be on Kinmen with me (not sure if that's a plus or a minus...) They do ask that you take a three week Teaching English course, but I wasn't able to, and so they let me just do some volunteering at an ESL class instead. It was only like three hours a week.

So would you prayerfully consider coming over here?